Obtain Dental Implant Restorations with Dr. Erik Grothouse
Dental implants are growing in popularity as a wonderful way to achieve mouth reconstruction after tooth loss. These restorations last a lifetime with proper care and function like natural teeth. Dr. Erik Grothouse of Indianapolis, Indiana, is a dedicated professional who helps patients learn more about the restorative treatments available, including crowns, bridges, or implant retained dentures, and their many benefits.
Why Might I Restore My Smile with Dental Implants?
If you are not happy with your smile, dental implants can help restore it. Implants are a popular and effective way to improve your appearance and self-confidence. Here are some other reasons to consider restoring your smile with implants:
- Dental implants are permanent. Unlike dentures or partials, which can eventually slip or become loose, implants are designed to last a lifetime. With proper care, they can function just like your natural teeth.
- Dental implants look and feel like natural teeth. Once they’re in place, most people won’t be able to tell that you have implants. They’ll simply look like your own teeth.
- Dental implants can help preserve facial structure. When teeth are missing, the bone that once supported them begins to deteriorate. Over time, this can change the shape of your face and make you look older. Dental implants can help prevent this by preserving the bone.
- Dental implants can improve your eating and speaking ability. Dentures or partials can sometimes slip out of place, making it difficult to eat or speak clearly. Dental implants are anchored in place, so you’ll be able to eat and speak confidently.
- Dental implants are low maintenance. Once they are put in place, you must brush and floss them like you would your natural teeth. There is no need for any special cleaning solutions or adhesives.
Learn More About the Benefits of Placing Dental Implants
If you are seriously considering dental implants to replace missing teeth, connect with Dr. Erik Grothouse and his team in Indianapolis, Indiana. His office is at 7962 Oaklandon Road, Suite #105, and he can be reached by calling (317) 823-1780 and requesting a consultation appointment. His practice is open to new patients and families considering comprehensive dental care under one roof!
Dental implants are titanium roots, that are replaced with in the jawbone to resemble a tooth or group of teeth. A screw is inserted through the gums and into the jawbone. A porcelain crown is then attached to the screw to become the new tooth or teeth. They can be used to support dental prosthesis including crowns, dentures, and bridges. Today’s treatments are so natural looking, no one will know you had surgery. There’s approximately a 95% success rate for all implants. With modern advances in dentistry, some implants can be restored immediately with life like all porcelain crowns. For more details ask your dentist.