Pediatric Dentistry Available at Erik G. Grothouse, DDS
You may not know this, but our family dentist also offers pediatric dentistry services! This means that Dr. Erik Grothouse of Indianapolis, Indiana, can take care of your child’s dental needs from infancy through their teenage years. We understand that children can be anxious about going to the dentist, so we ensure a warm and welcoming environment. We also offer some sedation options for children who may need extra help relaxing during their appointment.
What Treatments are Available with Our Pediatric Dentist?
We offer a wide range of services of dental care for kids, including:
- Preventative care and education – taking care of the smile daily is very important for maintaining healthy teeth and gums. We educate children on the best way to care for their teeth and gums with brushing, flossing, and routine dental visits.
- Professional cleanings – keeping the teeth clean at home is not all that can be done for a healthy smile. We provide professional cleanings performed by our experienced dental hygienist to remove plaque and tartar regularly.
- Fluoride applications – protecting the teeth from decay can be done with the placement of fluoride, which strengthens natural tooth enamel.
- Dental sealants – sealing the teeth near the back of the mouth makes the crevices in molars easier to keep clean, reducing one’s risk of developing decay and disease.
- Tooth-colored dental fillings – when cavities develop, we use tooth-colored fillings to save the teeth from extractions.
- Sports mouthguards – children active in high-contact sports such as hockey and football can obtain professional-grade sports mouthguards to protect their teeth and gums from injury.
We want to ensure that all patients who visit our practice feel comfortable and at ease!
Request a Dental Appointment with Our Team of Professionals Today!
If you are looking for a family dentist to care for your child’s dental needs, please call us today. We would be happy to answer any dental questions you might have about our services and offer you and your children the best care possible at our local dental facility. Call (317) 823-1780 to request an appointment at our office, conveniently located in Indianapolis, Indiana, at 7962 Oaklandon Road, Suite #105.